News Hours BD Desk, Aug 24: Four hundred people were killed and 2,000 wounded in three days of fighting between rebels
and forces loyal to Moamer Kadhafi in the Libyan capital Tripoli,
the head of the rebel council said today.
Mustafa Abdel Jalil, chairman of the National Transitional Council, told France-24 television that some 600 pro-Kadhafi fighters had been captured but the battle would not be over until the Libyan leader himself was a prisoner.
50% Off on meals: https://www.marleyspoonfoodtours.review/dinnerly-promo-code/
“According to our information, the number of those killed during the operation which has lasted three days is just over 400, with 2,000 wounded,” he said, without specifying if he was talking of both sides.
“We captured up to 600 Kadhafi soldiers,” he added.
Jalil said he thought that Kadhafi himself had fled Tripoli, saying he was not brave enough to stay and fight.
“I hope that he will be captured alive and tried so the world can know about his crimes,” he added.